The very last Buick Regal Grand National produced marked the end of several GM landmarks:
* The last Buick Grand National was made on 12-11-1987
* the last rear wheel drive Buick Regal
* the last rear wheel drive Buick
* the last General Motors “G body” car (which consisted of the Oldsmobile Cutlass, Chevrolet Monte Carlo & the Buick Regal)
* the last car built at the GM Pontiac plant in Michigan (where ALL of the Grand Nationals were made)
* the last rear wheel drive muscle car (the Buick Grand National was the only real muscle car of the 1980’s decade)
* the last rear wheel drive Buick Coupe
* the end of almost 5000 jobs at Fisher Body and the Pontiac assembly plants
The owner of the very last Buick Regal Grand National produced was allowed to watch this very special vehicle roll down the assembly line.
He photographed it while the workers assembled it! All of the plant workers signed the car to mark this as the very last Buick Grand National made.
The southern state owner had housed the automobile in a special temperature controlled room he made specifically to store this very special vehicle!
Wouldn’t you have loved to be the owner of this one? That is, assuming you could resist the urge to drive it!