This category on the website [ Servos Valves and Wiring ] we are giving you all of the information related to the individual parts in the Buick Turbo Regal, along with the associated wiring, connector plugs, etc.
Buick Regal, T-Type, Turbo T, Limited, Grand National, GNX
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve
PURPOSE OF VALVE:
vacuum controlled valve opens to control the flow of exhaust gas being recirculated.
valve opens the passage in the intake manifold.
TURNS ON-OFF / FUNCTIONS / USED WHEN:
depending on the engine load
LOCATION IN VEHICLE:
on engine, drivers side, between valve cover and throttle body, on top of intake manifold
ORIGINAL GM PART NUMBER:
VALVE BASE COLOR:
CONNECTOR PLUG COLOR (VALVE SIDE):
WIRES ATTACHED (VALVE SIDE):
1 vacuum hose outlet
CONNECTOR PLUG COLOR (HARNESS SIDE):
NUMBER OF WIRES ATTACHED (HARNESS SIDE):
1 vacuum hose (comes from the EGR solenoid)
COLOR & PURPOSE OF (HARNESS SIDE) WIRES:
[ SEE Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Vacuum Regulator Valve (EVRV) ]
The hose that is closest to the drivers valve cover should be the one going to the EGR Valve.
If your EGR valve is not working, the issue is probably the solenoid.
Most aftermarket computer chips disable the EGR function.
PHOTOS OF VALVE AND CONNECTED WIRES:
Here’s a list of all of the Solenoids Modules and Servos Valves in the Buick Regal:
(click the links to go to the one you need info about)
* Canister Purge Solenoid (Fuel Vapor Canister Purge)
* Chime Module (Chime Alarm)
* Cruise Control Module
* Cruise Control Servo
* EGR Valve
* ESC Module
* Exhaust Gas Recirculation Vacuum Regulator Valve Solenoid (EGR EVRV)
* Heater Flow Water Control Valve
* HVAC Control Vacuum Valve (mode control valve)
* Idle Air Control Valve (IAC)
* PCV Valve (Positive Crankcase Ventilation)
* Proportioning Valve (Prop Valve)
* Starter Solenoid
* Theft Deterrent Controller Module (anti-theft system)
* Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid (TCC)
* Trunk Release Solenoid
* Vacuum Check Valves
* Wastegate Control Solenoid