This category on the website [ Solenoids Modules and Wiring ] we are giving you all of the information related to the individual parts in the Buick Turbo Regal, along with the associated wiring, connector plugs, etc.
Buick Regal, T-Type, Turbo T, Limited, Grand National, GNX
People call this item by different names, but all meaning the same thing:
torque converter clutch solenoid
transmission converter clutch solenoid (this is what its labelled as on diagrams)
PURPOSE OF SOLENOID:
controls the fluid pressure.
it locks up the torque converter.
allows the transmission to downshift when you come to a stop.
TURNS ON-OFF / FUNCTIONS / USED WHEN:
the ecm controls this.
LOCATION IN VEHICLE:
inside transmission, plug is on drivers side of car
ORIGINAL GM PART NUMBER:
SOLENOID BASE COLOR:
metal base, black, white valve.
reproductions can be solid black.
CONNECTOR PLUG COLOR (SOLENOID SIDE):
WIRES ATTACHED (SOLENOID SIDE):
2: 1 red, 1 black
CONNECTOR PLUG COLOR (HARNESS SIDE):
NUMBER OF WIRES ATTACHED (HARNESS SIDE):
COLOR & PURPOSE OF (HARNESS SIDE) WIRES:
[TCC solenoid, 2 wires:]
purple “A”, goes to brake switch (“A”)
tan-black “D”, goes to ECM (“A7”)
(via junction, that also connects to ALDL)
[automatic transmission, 2 wires:]
light blue “B” (open in 4th gear), goes to ECM “C8” (4th gear input)
dark green-white “C” (open in 3rd gear), goes to ECM “C7” (3rd gear input)
PHOTOS OF SOLENOID AND CONNECTED WIRES:
this is a self grounding unit.
Here’s a list of all of the Solenoids Modules and Servos Valves in the Buick Regal:
(click the links to go to the one you need info about)
* Canister Purge Solenoid (Fuel Vapor Canister Purge)
* Chime Module (Chime Alarm)
* Cruise Control Module
* Cruise Control Servo
* EGR Valve
* ESC Module
* Exhaust Gas Recirculation Vacuum Regulator Valve Solenoid (EGR EVRV)
* Heater Flow Water Control Valve
* HVAC Control Vacuum Valve (mode control valve)
* Idle Air Control Valve (IAC)
* PCV Valve (Positive Crankcase Ventilation)
* Proportioning Valve (Prop Valve)
* Starter Solenoid
* Theft Deterrent Controller Module (anti-theft system)
* Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid (TCC)
* Trunk Release Solenoid
* Vacuum Check Valves
* Wastegate Control Solenoid