If you’re a tall person, you might need more leg room in your turbo regal.
There’s a few kits out there to accommodate this, but if you’re more of a DIY guy, here’s an easy solution for you.
I just modified my driver’s seat brackets to add 4″.
Best 14 dollars I’ve spent so far!!!
1) I went to Lowes and grabbed a 1/4″ x 1.5″ × 48″ piece of flat steel.
2) I then raised the seat all the way up and separated it from the motorized tracks leaving the tracks bolted to the floor.
3) I cut the flat steel into two 19.5 inch piece. You can adjust accordingly but 19.5 allowed for the 4 inches that I wanted. The original spacing is about 14.5 so if you only need a couple inches then cut your steel for what you need.
4) You will be basically just sandwiching the flat steel between your seat and the seat tracks.
5) Drill the flat steel ,starting at the front, to match where the seat originally attached. The additional length will now be hanging over the back.
6) Measure the additional inches that you want the seat to go back and drill a second set of holes to line up with the bottom of the seat.
7) line everything up, using washers as spacers bolt everything back together.
8) Prepare to be amazed!
9) You’ll lose about 1/4 inch headroom but the extra legroom is a fair tradeoff IMHO.
[credit to Coleman Rodney for figuring out this mod!]