This category on the website [ Switches and Wiring ] we are giving you all of the information related to the individual switches in the Buick Turbo Regal, along with the associated wiring, connector plugs, etc.
Known as “electronic air conditioning” or “electronic touch climate control” this option was only available in 1986 on the Turbo Regals.
There’s many more working components than the standard HVAC system has, and according to some, these are a disaster to fix when they stop working.
Other than junkyards, there isn’t a replacement available anywhere.
[and you are taking a chance on this part if you DO happen to get one at the junk yard, for it may not work!]
[also note, that this option WAS available on other Buick models like the Riviera and Park Avenue, but the versions in those vehicles is NOT the same unit as the ones in the Buick Regal. So you can’t just swap head units]
Because this specific option is pretty rare on any model of the Turbo Buick Regals, we’re not going to break it down, parts/wiring wise, like we have been doing with the other electrical components in these Gbody Regals.
We don’t want to leave you hanging however, in case you need help with it.
So we are just going to post up the wiring diagrams for this part (buttons / switches).
Also, there’s 13 pics of the rest of the system below, for comparison to the diagrams.
(this way you can see the system while it’s out of the Gbody Regal)
you can also check out these other sections that may help:
[SEE HVAC Mode Control]
[SEE HVAC Fan Speed Control Switch]
[SEE HVAC light bulb]
Here’s all of the Switches in the Buick Turbo Regals:
(you can click these links to go direct to these posts)
* A/C High Pressure Cut-out Switch (Back of Compressor)
* A/C Pressure Cycling Switch (on Accumulator)
* A/C Pressure Line (Under Alternator)
* Blower and A/C Clutch Control Module Switch (HVAC Fan Speed Control)
* Brake Pressure Switch (in Prop Valve)
* Brake Switch (Above Brake Pedal)
* Coolant Fan Temperature Switch (Under Throttle Linkage)
* Cooling High Temperature Switch (Manifold Front Passenger Side; Idiot Light)
* Cornering Light Switch (Regal Limited Models)
* Cruise Control Switch (Lever)
* Cruise Control Brake Switch
* Defogger Control Switch (Rear Defogger Button)
* Dome Reading Lights Switch
* Door Jamb Switch (Both Sides)
* Electronic Air Conditioning Touch Climate Control (Electric Touch A/C)
* Gear Selector Switch
* Glove Box Switch (for Light)
* Hazard Switch (Emergency Flashers)
* Headlight Switch
* Headlight Dimmer Switch (High Beam)
* Hobbs Switch (Digital Dash Cars)
* Horn Button Switch
* HVAC Fan Speed Control Switch (Heater A/C Control Head Blower Switch)
* HVAC Mode Control (Heater A/C Control Head Mode Switch)
* Ignition Switch
* Ignition Key Warning Switch
* Instrument Cluster Dimmer Switch (Dash Lights Brightness)
* Neutral Safety and Backup Light Switch
* Oil Pressure Switch
* Overtemp Hot Switch
* Park Brake Switch (Emergency Brake)
* PowerMaster Brake Switch
* Power Door Lock Switch (Both Sides)
* Power Seat Switch
* Power Window Switch (Both Sides)
* Radio Button (on/off Switch)
* Rear View Mirror Map Light Switch
* Seat Belt Switch
* Sunroof Switch (Astroroof Moonroof)
* Theft Deterrent Warning System Tamper Switches
* Trunk Light Switch
* Trunk Release Button
* Turbo Power Light Switch (Digital Dash Cars)
* Turn Signal Switch (Lever)
* Twilight Sentinel Switch (Rotary Dial)
* Under Hood Light Switch (engine bay compartment)
* Vanity Mirror Light Switch (Passenger Side Visor)
* Wiper and Washer Switch