Coach lights use electroluminescent elements, so there’s no actual bulbs to replace.
An inverter is used to power the opera lights.
These lights come on when you turn your regular lights on.
If these lights stop working, your inverter is probably bad, and needs replacing.
NUMBER OF WIRES ATTACHED: 4
WIRE COLOR & PURPOSE:
LH (driver side) coach light:
CONNECTOR 1: brown wire, power in from junction (from light switch)
CONNECTOR 2: brown wire, runs to RH (passenger side) coach light
CONNECTOR 3: white wire in (on electroluminescent side of coach light), comes from inverter
CONNECTOR 4: dark blue out (on electroluminescent side of coach light), runs to inverter
RH (passenger side) coach light:
CONNECTOR 1: brown wire, power in from LH (driver side) coach light.
CONNECTOR 2: brown wire, runs to inverter.
CONNECTOR 3: dark blue (on electroluminescent side of coach light), comes from inverter
CONNECTOR 4: white out (on electroluminescent side of coach light), runs to inverter
the inverter also has a black wire coming in (from the third brake light / rear lights) / and going out (to ground) on the same connector.
WIRING DIAGRAM FOR COACH LIGHTS:
Here’s a good source to learn how to fix your coach lights if needed:
( https://www.instructables.com/Rebuild-Your-Cars-EL-electroluminescent-Lights/ )
CLOSE UP VIEWS OF THE OPERA / COACH LIGHTS:
There are aftermarket versions of coach lights / opera lights available, that use bulbs.
You can find these available online, or check ebay.
The downside, is that they don’t really match the style (or shape) of genuine GM / Buick coach lights (so if you want to keep your car looking factory stock, it’s not recommended to install these type of opera lights).
This completes this series of “changing light bulbs in your Turbo Regal” posts.
We hope you have gained a bit of knowledge!
Or perhaps you got the specific information you needed for your Turbo Buick.
Staring tomorrow, we are back on the normal 1 per day posting schedule.
Thanks for following along!
This is part of an ongoing series about the details & specifics on Changing Light Bulbs in your Buick Turbo Regal:
2) Head Lights
3) Bumper Lights (running lights, turn signals)
4) Front Corner Side Marker Lights
5) Front Lower Cornering Lamps (Limited models)
6) Under Hood Light
7) Brake & Turn Tail Lights
8) Backup Lights (reverse light)
9) Rear Running Tail Lights (center & side corner marker lights)
10) License Plate Light
11) Trunk Light
12) Under Dash / Courtesy Lights (driver / passenger side)
13) Glovebox Light
14) Dash plaque (usually on Limited models)
15) Dash Gauges / Side Warning Lights (analog & digital dash)
16) HVAC Light (heater / AC)
17) Console Shifter Indicator Light
18) Ashtray Light on Non-Console Cars
19) radio light bulbs
20) Rear Window Defogger Button Light
21) Rear View Mirror Map Lights (upgraded option, not standard on Regals)
22) Passenger Visor Vanity Mirror Light
23) Dome Light (t-top & hardtop; factory & upgraded hardtop versions)
24) CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light, AKA Third Brake Light)
25) Lower Door Panel Courtesy Lights (Limited models)
26) Aftermarket Dash / Other Gauges (a-pillar, console under radio, etc)
27) Opera / Coach Lights (Limited models) – (THIS page)
You can click any link above and be taken to the light of your choice.