The trunk light is located on the drivers side of the Gbody Regal, slightly recessed inside the frame of the trunk lid.
It turns on automatically when you lift the trunk lid via a mercury switch.
The stock OEM trunk light is a white bulb.
OEM BULB NUMBER: 1003
NUMBER OF WIRES ATTACHED: 1
WIRE COLOR & PURPOSE:
CONNECTOR 1: orange wire in from CIG/CLK fuse
(the wire runs down the drivers side trunk lid, onto the hinge, then down the LH side of the Buick Regal)
The bulb is grounded thru the housing, which is attached to the trunk, which is grounded to the body.
A mercury switch in the housing turns the light on when you open the trunk.
HOW TO CHANGE BULB:
Open trunk lid. Twist the bulb out. Replace.
TRUNK LIGHT LOCATION:
We added on an extra trunk light on our 1987 Buick Grand National for more brightness in this area, and it helped a lot! (a relatively easy 20 minute $20 job)
This is part of an ongoing series about the details & specifics on Changing Light Bulbs in your Buick Turbo Regal:
2) Head Lights
3) Bumper Lights (running lights, turn signals)
4) Front Corner Side Marker Lights
5) Front Lower Cornering Lamps (Limited models)
6) Under Hood Light
7) Brake & Turn Tail Lights
8) Backup Lights (reverse light)
9) Rear Running Tail Lights (center & side corner marker lights)
10) License Plate Light
11) Trunk Light (THIS page)
12) Under Dash / Courtesy Lights (driver / passenger side)
13) Glovebox Light
14) Dash plaque (usually on Limited models)
15) Dash Gauges / Side Warning Lights (analog & digital dash)
16) HVAC Light (heater / AC)
17) Console Shifter Indicator Light
18) Ashtray Light on Non-Console Cars
19) radio light bulbs
20) Rear Window Defogger Button Light
21) Rear View Mirror Map Lights (upgraded option, not standard on Regals)
22) Passenger Visor Vanity Mirror Light
23) Dome Light (t-top & hardtop; factory & upgraded hardtop versions)
24) CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light, AKA Third Brake Light)
25) Lower Door Panel Courtesy Lights (Limited models)
26) Aftermarket Dash / Other Extra Add-on Gauge Lights (a-pillar, console under radio, etc)
27) Opera / Coach Lights (Limited models)
You can click any link above and be taken to the light of your choice.