When your regular lights are on, this light turns on as well.
The lens housing with socket plug is located above the license plate.
The light shines down on the license plate.
The OEM light was a white bulb behind a clear lens.
OEM BULB NUMBER: 1003
SOCKET COLOR: off white
NUMBER OF WIRES ATTACHED: 2
WIRE COLOR & PURPOSE:
CONNECTOR 1: brown wire, power in from junction (from light switch)
CONNECTOR 2: black out to ground.
HOW TO CHANGE BULB:
Remove 2 screws located on top of the center section of the tail light housing area, using a phillips screwdriver.
The lens & housing fall downwards once the screws are removed.
Twist the socket out, pull the bulb out.
Reinstall in reverse order.
REMOVING LENS & HOUSING:
This is part of an ongoing series about the details & specifics on Changing Light Bulbs in your Buick Turbo Regal:
2) Head Lights
3) Bumper Lights (running lights, turn signals)
4) Front Corner Side Marker Lights
5) Front Lower Cornering Lamps (Limited models)
6) Under Hood Light
7) Brake & Turn Tail Lights
8) Backup Lights (reverse light)
9) Rear Running Tail Lights (center & side corner marker lights)
10) License Plate Light (THIS page)
11) Trunk Light
12) Under Dash / Courtesy Lights (driver / passenger side)
13) Glovebox Light
14) Dash plaque (usually on Limited models)
15) Dash Gauges / Side Warning Lights (analog & digital dash)
16) HVAC Light (heater / AC)
17) Console Shifter Indicator Light
18) Ashtray Light on Non-Console Cars
19) radio light bulbs
20) Rear Window Defogger Button Light
21) Rear View Mirror Map Lights (upgraded option, not standard on Regals)
22) Passenger Visor Vanity Mirror Light
23) Dome Light (t-top & hardtop; factory & upgraded hardtop versions)
24) CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light, AKA Third Brake Light)
25) Lower Door Panel Courtesy Lights (Limited models)
26) Aftermarket Dash / Other Extra Add-on Gauge Lights (a-pillar, console under radio, etc)
27) Opera / Coach Lights (Limited models)
You can click any link above and be taken to the light of your choice.